Sunday, May 9, 2010

The hardest part

Alright, so i have just two and a half more days here in Philly. It is so crazy to think about when i first got here and was driving with my parents into the city. I was so nervous inside about living in the city and making all new friends... I have come so far from that.

Now I don't want to go. I feel like I am just starting to get comfortable with the city....of course, I still don't know all the directions to different places because it is a large city, but i can see myself living here in the future.

I have made so many good friends this semester. i hope we all stay in touch when we get back to grantham! i should be studying for finals right now, but i don't want to because it makes me think about how i am going home once i take the test :/ i mean i do want to be home, but it is hard because everybody else lives so far away and even as much as we say we will get together over the summer, there's a big chance we will not see eachother for about 4 months.

For some reason, i have been fortunate enough not to really cry about leaving. I feel like it's going to happen soon though. Everybody from campus is gradually dissappearing . We said our goodbyes at the church- Epiphany- this morning. I think it made me realize that I will most likely not be attending that church again for a long time. I also realized how nice it will be that i can visit next semester and go there, visit south street, and pretend i still live here.

This semester has been a great experience and i wish i could stay here for the rest of my college experience, just as it was this semester. Celebration weekend was soooo much fun! dance parties, zoo excursions, and eating at an ethiopian restaurant. It has just been one great day after another.

I know that i would like to stay here, but i am also ready to go back to grantham. I kinda just want to skip summer so i can reunite with the girls! The first week back on main campus will be full of stories! it will be great to be back.

I just can't believe the whole semester went by already.

Peace out Philly

No comments:

Post a Comment